Discover Tenerife’s most varied landscapes on a long-distance trail from El Rosario to Arona in the south-west.
This route through forests across the mountainous spine of the island is the only long-distance trail in Tenerife. Due to its length, it is usually divided into five stages, which you can complete separately:
1. From La Esperanza to La Caldera, where you can stay overnight with prior authorisation.
2. From La Caldera to El Portillo, within the Teide National Park.
3. From El Portillo to Degollada de Guajara.
4. From Degollada de Guajara to Vilaflor.
5. And finally, from Vilaflor to Arona in the comarca (district) of Chasna.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available