The Camino a Candelaria is an old pilgrims’ trail linking the towns of Aguamansa and Candelaria.
This route offers magnificent views over the Orotava Valley as you pass through immense pine forests and volcanic landscapes on your way up to the Cumbre Dorsal, the backbone of the island.
The trail starts at the Aguamansa fish farm at an altitude of 1000m. You will ascend the first section on gentle forest tracks before joining narrower paths carved out of the lava that will take you to your destination, the La Crucita viewpoint on the TF-24 road.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available