From El Contador recreational area, follow the trail to cross Morro El Peñón, after which you will come to the old Casa Forestal and then reach Chozas Viejas, a former herders resting place. At this point you will reach the upland area of the island as you take Camino del Filo and pass Degollada de Guajara to finish at the Parador de Turismo Cañadas del Teide.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available