This pleasant trail is notable for the thick, cool Canary Island pine forest that is present throughout most of the route.
It starts on the left hand side of the main road (Carretera General de La Esperanza) at km 16.5, in the area of Las Lagunetas, and enters the pine forest almost immediately.
It descends gently parallel to the road and passes the foot of Morra de las Colmenas, before leading you to the Las Canales rest area.
From there you will continue the gentle descent until you leave the Las Lagunetas Protected Landscape and reach the Hoya de Abade Recreational Area, the end of the route.
As an interesting fact, this trail is shared with the Camino de Candelaria, a historic pilgrimage route to the Basilica of Candelaria.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available