The Camino la Orilla del Monte, also known as the Aguamansa - Lomo Chillero - Aguamansa trail, starts and ends at the La Caldera recreational area.
The route runs slightly downhill along an asphalted track until it reaches a crossroads.
If you turn right onto the GR-131 (Anaga Chasna), you will descend gently and then continue along a flat path for about 1.5 km. You will see how the monteverde is gradually reclaiming its territory after these lands were overexploited for firewood in the past.
At this point, turn off the GR-131 long-distance trail to climb towards the Lomo Chillero viewpoint. Here the route joins the Benijos track that will take you back to the start of the trail.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available