A beautiful circular walk through a forest of monteverde that offers stunning views of Mount Teide and the Orotova Valley.
The route starts by climbing stone stairs from the La Caldera Recreational Area. The path rises through monteverde forest, crosses the GR 131 long-distance trail (Anaga-Chasna) and continues along the Camino de los Guanches, where you can enjoy magnificent views of the Orotava Valley through gaps in the forest.
You will then reach Los Órganos where you can take in the incredible panoramic view of Mount Teide and the Corona Forestal Natural Park from this outcrop.
From here the trail continues to the village of Mamio, after passing the Casa del Agua. Once in Mamio, you can end your excursion here, returning by bus to the start point, or walk south back to La Caldera, following the signs along the way.
As this is a route that shares several sections with the BC 1 track for bicycles and horses, we recommend that you take special care, even though you have right of way as a hiker.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available