This forest trail takes you to the La Vica viewpoint, passing through an enchanted forest straight out of a fairy tale.
It runs through the Las Lagunetas Protected Landscape, an environment of great ecological value that plays an essential role in recharging the island’s underground aquifers.
Its monteverde forest is one of the healthiest and best preserved on the island of Tenerife, thanks to its exposure to the trade winds. The branches of its trees intertwine above the trail creating a natural canopy that provides a cool, fresh atmosphere to enjoy on warm summer days.
Along the route you will be able to see rare species such as palo blanco (Picconia excelsa) and naranjero silvestre (Ilex perado), both of which are endemic to the Macaronesian region. And if you pay attention to where you are stepping, you will be able to make out part of the cobblestones that are still preserved in some sections of the Montaña del Pozo trail, remains of the ancient paths that used to link the different settlements of the island.
IBP Index: 3.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Be careful when walking along roads used by motor vehicles and hiking trails, and when crossing ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Consult our good practice guide and, if necessary, contact emergency services by calling 112.
No data available