This beautiful panoramic route connects the PNT 01 trail (La Fortaleza) with the PR TF 41 trail (Route 0-4-0) at the edge of the National Park.
It starts in Llano de Los Guancheros or Los Rastrojos, at the foot of El Cabezón, and climbs up to Degollada del Cedro between two scarps of the Las Cañadas caldera known as El Cabezón and La Fortaleza.
From here it continues along a forest track down the Tigaiga mountainside to the edge of the Teide National Park.
Along the way you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the slopes of Tigaiga, La Fortaleza and La Orotava Valley, of the Caldera and of Mount Teide.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.