This short trail links Portillo Alto with the PNT 01 trail (La Fortaleza), near the rock formation known as Roque del Peral.
Towards the end, it crosses over the PNT 6 trail (Montaña de Los Tomillos), which climbs towards Montaña Blanca and Mount Teide.
Along the way you will enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the northern part of the Teide National Park.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.