This short trail runs along an old footpath that used to link the two great valleys of Güímar and La Orotava.
The route sets off from the heights of La Orotava, on the edge of the Teide National Park, and ascends along the southern slopes of Montaña Limón until it joins the PNT 21 trail (Corral del Niño - Yegua Blanca), which climbs up to La Piedra del Mal Abrigo.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.