A short, easy loop trail through the Agua García forest, one of the island’s best-loved nature spots.
The route starts at the Lomo la Jara recreational area, crossing the wooden fence on the other side of the track.
Descend slightly down the path and then take the exit to the left at the first fork. Continue until you come to the Agua García accessible trail and continue walking on its wooden walkways until you reach the Heritage Information Centre.
At this point, turn left onto a track that plunges into monteverde forest, which will take you back to the starting point along a slightly steeper final ascent.
Along the way you will have the opportunity to explore the Guardianes Centenarios (Ancient Guardians) trail and discover these viñatigo (Persea indica) trees that have stood for more than 800 years.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.
No data available