This pleasant trail takes you from the top of the Anaga Massif down to the beautiful northern coastline.
The route starts at the Cruz del Carmen Visitor Centre with a gentle climb up to Cabezo de Zapata.
The path skirts Hoya de Los Tiles and Hoya del Caballo to offer you a beautiful view of Mount Teide through the trees. From here continue north-west, at which point you will begin to enjoy panoramic views over the Tegueste valley all the way to the sea.
The trail will gradually wind its way down a narrow path to the bed of the La Goleta ravine. From there, continue descending gently until you reach the town of Bajamar, with its impressive and famous saltwater pools.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.