This loop trail for the whole family starts and ends at the Zapata viewpoint and is a great way to discover the laurisilva, or laurel forest.
The trail is located within the Anaga Rural Park, in the municipalities of San Cristóbal de La Laguna and Tegueste. It shares part of its route with two short-distance trails, PR-TF 11 (El Batán - Punta del Hidalgo) and PR-TF 12 (Bajamar), as well as with the self-guided “Hija Cambada” trail.
The route will guide you through various features of the forest as you pass through it.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.