This trail offers breathtaking views of the Orotava Valley, when it is not covered by a sea of clouds, as you walk among the volcanoes of the Caramujo sector.
It heads north-east from trail PNT 02 (Arenas Negras), near Montaña del Cerrillar, and runs along the slopes of Montaña de la Punta de Maja until it crosses trail PNT 08 (El Filo) near its start.
The path continues east, perpendicular to that trail, until reaching the dip between Montaña de Enmedio and Montaña La Carnicería, where the route ends at trail PNT 20 (Volcán de Fasnia).
One of the main advantages of this route is that it takes you across the Teide National Park from El Portillo to Izaña without the need to walk along the asphalt road. This makes crossing the island summit all the more fulfilling and brings you into direct contact with the natural environment.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.