The Tenerife island council is delighted to be able to bring the wealth our island has to offer, closer to more and more people, every day.
While we continue to make our natural spaces more accessible, we are proud to already offer numerous trails and facilities that are accessible to people with limited mobility or communicative abilities.
In order to facilitate information and access to the resources found on this website, we have established the following system indicating levels of accessibility.
Levels of accessibility and what they mean
A space, facility or service is classed as accessible if it possesses the correct size and functional requirements for it to be used comfortably and autonomously by people with limited mobility or communicative abilities.
|A space, facility or service is classed as usable when it does not qualify as accessible, yet can still be used by people with limited mobility or communicative abilities.||A space, facility or service is classed as inaccessible when its areas and components prevent the access, circulation and presence of people with limited mobility or communicative abilities.|
Enjoy the island’s accessible natural resources
To discover the island’s accessible resources, select the accessibility filter in our trail search feature, or choose one from the following list:
- Aguagarcía accessible trail, Las Lagunetas protected area.
- Botanical Garden one-way accessible trail, Teide National Park.
- Botanical Garden circular trail, Teide National Park.
- Monte del Agua accessible trail,Teno Rural Park.
- Trail of the Senses, Anaga Natural Park.
- Roques de García accessible trail, Teide Nacional Park.
- Caramujo accessible trail, Teide Nacional Park.
- Alto de Guamaso accessible trail, Teide Nacional Park.
- Finca Los Pedregales accessible trail,Teno Rural Park.
Usable recreational areas:
- Los Pedregales Recreational Area,Teno Rural Park.
- El Lagar Recreational Area, Corona Forestal Natural Park.
Other usable facilities
- Cruz del Carmen Visitors Centre.
- Telesforo Bravo Interpretation and Visitors Centre, La Orotava.
- El Portillo Visitors Centre in the Teide Nacional Park.
- Cruz del Carmen viewing point.
- Emigrante viewing point, Garachico.
- La Ruleta viewing point, Teide Nacional Park.
- AlbergueBolico, Teno Rural Park.
If you require more information about accessible activities in Tenerife, visit the SINPROMI page.