Three routes known as The Trail of the Senses start from Cruz del Carmen along an old camino real (“royal road” or main island route) that once linked the villages of Anaga and La Laguna.
All three options offer different experiences that use smell, sight and touch to discover the natural environment and its features. Along the route, various panels with sensory signs (nose, hand and eye) invite you to smell, touch or look at one of the features of the trail.
Path of Senses 2.- Be amazed, which is just 1 kilometre long, circular and mostly flat, making it ideal for both children and adults to enjoy.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.