This trail runs from the centre of Las Mercedes to the Llanos de los Loros viewpoint, with exceptional views of the Anaga Massif.
It starts in the picturesque square next to the church in Las Mercedes and runs parallel to the main road (TF-12) until it crosses the ravine.
The trail then crosses the road and enters the monteverde woodland that is typical of our island and heads towards Llano de los Viejos, where you will find the recreational area of the same name.
From here, head up towards the Llano de los Loros viewpoint, crossing the main road (TF-12) for the second time, to enjoy views of the Anaga Massif. The path then climbs gently along a section of the self-guided route known as the “Trail of the Senses” to reach the end point of the trail, the car park at La Cruz del Carmen.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.