This trail runs from the summit to the coast and descends through all the layers of vegetation in the Anaga Rural Park.
It starts at the Cruz del Carmen Visitor Centre and leads northwards through the laurel forest to Chinamada. Once there, you will be able to admire the famous cave houses of the area.
From this point, the route continues towards Punta del Hidalgo along a path carved in the rock with magnificent views of the north coast of the Anaga Massif. This last section has a steep descent, so we recommend that you take particular care.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.