Hiking trail through the Monte de Aguirre Exclusion Zone, from La Asomada to Cruz de Afur. Prior authorisation required.
Monte Aguirre is also known as Manantial de Anaga (“Anaga Spring”), as it was the point from which water and wood were supplied to Santa Cruz.
The trail is easy as it is mostly flat, except for the last stretch, which takes you over gentle stone steps. It plunges you deep into the wonderful laurel forest, bathed by the trade winds, as far as Cruz de Afur.
As this is an unmarked trail, we recommend that you download the route beforehand.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.