This demanding trail with very steep sections sets out from Afur to reach Taganana before returning in an interesting route.
It starts with a slight ascent through the houses of Era del Camino, which offers impressive views of the Afur valley.
The path then descends the ravine to the beach of Tamadite, to the north. After this you will face the steepest climb of the route up to the hamlet of El Chorro and, shortly after, to the village of Taganana.
If you follow the trail along Monte de las Vueltas, you will reach Camino de Inchirés, which will take you back to Afur.
- Always stay on the marked trail and do not enter private property, hunting grounds, water galleries, wells or caves.
- Pay special attention when crossing or walking along trails used by bicycles, horses or motor vehicles and when walking in ravines with water courses.
- Avoid direct encounters with potentially dangerous animals, such as livestock, beehives, and dogs.
- Proceed with caution and watch for obstacles, loose rocks, uneven terrain or steep slopes to avoid accidents and falls.
- Check out our guide to hiking in Tenerife and, if necessary, contact the emergency services by calling 112.