This recreational area is located at the top of the slopes of Pinolere, at an altitude of about 1200 m, and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
Close to the recreational area you will enjoy spectacular vistas of the valley, from the coastal settlements to the forest landscape and Mount Teide, taking in the banana plantations and the historical towns and villages that dot the valley slopes.
It is surrounded by fayal-brezal (Morella-Erica heath) mixed with Canary Island pines. Nearby, however, there are also examples of trees typical of the monteverde ecosystem but that require less humidity, such as the “bosquito de los sanguinos”, which you can see close by. This curious name is due to the high presence of sanguino trees (Rhamnus glandulosa).
- Enjoy the local plant and animal life without disturbing it. Be curious but from a safe and respectful distance.
- Follow the rules and instructions on the signs to avoid disturbance to people and animals.
- Keep the environment clean and leave no litter behind. Rubbish and cigarette butts must be disposed of in the designated containers.
- Travel in small groups to keep noise pollution and the impact on the environment to a minimum.
- Use the water in the toilets and taps responsibly. Water is a scarce and precious commodity on our island.