This recreational area is located at an altitude of 1,000 m on the southern slopes of the ridge known as Dorsal de La Esperanza, close to the Protected Natural Area.
Here the landscape is dominated by mixed pinewood, comprising a mixture of pine trees and other trees more typical of humid climes, such as laurel (Laurus novocanariensis), faya (Morella faya) and tree heath (Erica arborea).
Due to its proximity to populated areas, the area around this campsite tends to get very busy on holidays and weekends, especially the adjoining recreational area. For this reason, you will only really be able to appreciate the wildlife when it grows silent in the afternoon, when dozens of chaffinches and the odd woodpecker flit among the trees.
- Enjoy the local plant and animal life without disturbing it. Be curious but from a safe and respectful distance.
- Follow the rules and instructions on the signs to avoid disturbance to people and animals.
- Keep the environment clean and leave no litter behind. Rubbish and cigarette butts must be disposed of in the designated containers.
- Travel in small groups to keep noise pollution and the impact on the environment to a minimum.
- Use the water in the toilets and taps responsibly. Water is a scarce and precious commodity on our island.